Washington Street UMC will be offering support to the rising 5th graders at Jefferson-Houston PreK-8 School through the donation of backpacks and school supplies for the 2017-2018 school year. Supplies and backpack donations should be dropped off at the church by Sunday, August 13. Any additional supplies needed will be purchased using donated funds. Following worship on Sunday, August 20, we will have a backpack packing, where the supplies will be divided among the backpacks. Please plan on staying after worship to help with the backpack packing, which will begin around 11:15am on Sunday, August 20.
This is a great opportunity for all in the WSUMC community to offer support to our local children! I hope you’ll join in the work of sharing God’s love with the children at Jefferson-Houston.
- Backpacks (All-weather, 17.5″ backpacks are ideal for fifth graders; bookbags on wheels are discouraged)
- Five-Subject Spiral Notebook (1 per student)
- Marble Composition books (3 per student)
- ½ inch binder (1 per student)
- Box of 24 Count Pencils (2 boxes per student)
- Loose Leaf Paper (5 packs per student)
- Glue Sticks (10 per student)
- 24 Crayons or colored pencils (2 boxes per student)
- Pencil box or pouch
- Red pens (4 per student)
- 3 x 5 index cards (1 pack per student)
- Dry Erase Expo Markers (2 packs per student)
- Pocket folders with prongs (4 per student)
- Assortment of highlighters
Don’t forget, donations should be delivered to the church before Sunday, August 13. There is a box in the back of the Sanctuary and a box in the Fellowship Hall where you can drop off the supplies. You can also bring them by the school office during normal business hours (Monday – Thursday, 9:15am – 1:45pm).
If you have any questions, please contact Pastor Thomas at [email protected].
You can give financially to the Backpack / School Supply Drive
By purchasing school supplies through the Amazon Smile program, the WSUMC preschool receives a donation from Amazon.