MyWSUMC is an online tool that serves as an online community for the church, providing ways to improve communication and connection between you and others in the church as well as between you and the church office. MyWSUMC is built using Church Community Builder (CCB), an online church management system. Here is a quick start guide to use MyWSUMC with some useful tips and links to key help videos and articles.
Ensure you receive church communications
To make sure you receive all communication from CCB, add all communication from the domain ccbchurch.com to your safe senders list in your email provider. Click here for instructions and help for how to do this for various email providers.
MyWSUMC online community guidelines
MyWSUMC is a powerful tool for building community and including more people in ministry in the church. Please read and follow the MyWSUMC Online Community Guidelines so everyone has a great experience with the online community.
Logging in to MyWSUMC
Below are instructions for several of the most common tasks related to logging in to MyWSUMC.
- Login to MyWSUMC: To login, visit wsumc.ccbchurch.com.
- Request Access to MyWSUMC: Click Request Username and Password, fill out your details, and submit to receive access to CCB. If the email you use is already in the system, an activation email should arrive in your inbox soon. If your email is not in the church records, the office should send you an activation email within a few business days.
- Activating Your Account: For support setting up your account, read the first section on Activating a Login in this Help Article.
- Forgot password: If you have forgotten your password, read the section titled “What if I forget my Password?” in this Help Article.
Update your personal settings
- Learn how to set Communication Preferences: Read this Help Article. Make sure to add your mobile number and carrier so group leaders can send important, last minute notifications to the entire group. It is also recommended you select “Send me emails from group participants” which is required to receive emails from group leaders.
- Learn to adjust your privacy settings: Read this Help Article. Share as much information with others (as you are comfortable) to help promote community. By default, your address, contact phone, and home phone number are visible to other church members. Refer to the community guidelines for how to respect others personal information.
Update your profile information
- Profile Picture: MyWSUMC serves as an online directory for the church. To help others recognize you, we recommend you update a profile picture. You can upload a new picture by clicking on your profile image while logged into MyWSUMC. Pictures should be no larger than 3mb, and be in .jpg format. For additional help uploading a picture, please email the church office. You can always add links to your Facebook page in your profile to express yourself in other ways.
- Profile Information: CCB allows you to update all your contact information for the church, eliminating the need for church staff to re-enter information you provide. Keeping all information accurate will greatly help the church staff and ensure the online database is accurate. To learn how to update your personal profile information, check out this informational video.
How to give online and view your giving statement
MyWSUMC allows you to give to Washington Street UMC and its ministries by setting up a gift through your bank account or by credit/debit card. This can be done for both one time gifts and recurring gifts. **Setting up a gift with a bank account is the best way to give. Each credit card transaction gift costs the church an average of 3% per gift. This is $300 per $10,000 given that your church does not receive.**
- Set-up a one-time or recurring gift: Church Community Builder uses PushPay to process all online giving. To make an online gift, please visit https://pushpay.com/g/wsumcalexandria.
- View your giving statement online: You can view your current year giving statement, see how much you have remaining on your pledge, and find information about your giving from past years in MyWSUMC. To learn how to create your own giving statement, read this article. To see your giving history, in MyWSUMC, click “Giving” in the left hand column, and then select “Schedules/History” from the top of the giving page.