Parent involvement fosters a greater sense of community for all in our Preschool. This involvement can take the form of immediate classroom support, preschool-wide contributions, or helping lead engagement and outreach with other partners in the Old Town community.
Parent Volunteer Opportunities
Parents are invited to volunteer in a variety of ways within the Preschool. Parents may assist teachers by chaperoning walking field trips, serving as substitute teachers, providing snacks for special events and contributing “loose parts” for class projects.
Parents also are invited to take advantage of preschool-wide opportunities such as serving as a Parent Ambassador to prospective preschool families, or helping to drive fundraising efforts.
WSUMCP’s Parents’ Committee is intended to provide every parent of a child enrolled in the preschool an opportunity to leverage their own interests, expertise, and network to contribute to the development of the educational resources, environment, and family community of the preschool. The committee serves as the main source of communication and coordination of these opportunities allowing parents to volunteer or contribute in whatever capacity they wish.
Washington Street Preschool is a ministry of the church and is governed by a volunteer Board of Directors. The Board oversees all business, legal, and fiscal policy for the Preschool. It is responsible for short- and long-term planning, as well as for ensuring that the Preschool operates in a sound and prudent manner. The following individuals currently serve on the Preschool Board:
- Kloe Cella, Preschool Executive Director (Ex-Officio)
- Rev. Thomas James, Pastor, WSUMC (Ex-Officio)
- Michelle Shearer, Chair, Former WSUMCP Parent
- Lindsay Barnette, WSUMC Member, Former WSUMCP Parent
- Eva Domotorffy, Former WSUMCP Parent
- Stephanie Dolan, Current WSUMCP Parent
- Darcy Morris, Former WSUMCP Parent
- Heather Stevens Balog, Former WSUMCP Parent
- Courtney Vastola, WSUMCP Teacher Representative, Former WSUMCP Parent