Worship is held each Sunday morning at 10:00 a.m.
To maintain the greater health of the community, all worship services are currently being held online at WSUMC.LIVE. We invite you to join each week as we gather to share in worship together, staying connected through the online chat during worship, and the after worship Zoom fellowship.
What to Expect During Worship
- First, we promise you won’t be embarrassed or pressured to give money or to join the church, so relax and focus on experiencing worship.
- We’ll be singing songs to express our love for God. We sing from both The United Methodist Hymnal and The Faith We Sing (hymnal supplement). Both are available in the pews. (For online worship, we include the hymns in the downloadable bulletin.)
- You may also see Christian sacraments such as baptism or communion, and we’ll be sure to explain what they mean so you won’t feel left out.
- Our pastor will share a relevant message to enable you to discover new truths that help you see life from God’s point of view. We encourage you to use your Bible or the pew Bible to follow along.
- We’ll be done in about an hour.
Please refer the weekly updates on the Word on the Street for updates regarding Sunday mornings activities.
Our Worship Service is located upstairs in our Sanctuary. When you enter the narthex of the Sanctuary building, please go up either flight of stairs — to your right or to your left. The Sanctuary is on the second floor. We have an elevator available in the narthex if needed.
Our caring nursery staff will watch infants through age 5.
Large Print Bulletins and Hymnals are available from our ushers each Sunday.
The church is located just off the corner of King St. and Washington St. at 109 S. Washington Street in Old Town Alexandria. Street parking is free on Sundays with no time limit.
For those with accessibility needs, handicap parking spaces are are available on Washington Street in front of the church. There is an elevator to access the sanctuary, which is located on the top floor of the church.
There are three steps into the church building, but a ramp is available to make the front door more accessible.